Events and Venue Manager
Events and Venue Manager
From grapes to guests – Allely Estate has become one of the premier function and wedding venues in Auckland. Once upon a time, the land at Allely Estate used to produce Selaks Wines. Today, Allely Estate in Kumeu offers fairy-tale indoor or garden weddings, intimate private parties and memorable corporate events including theme parties.
In fact, it was also the venue of The Bride & Groom Magazine Wedding of the Year last year.
Due to one of our leadership team moving back overseas to family, we are now looking for a hospitality and events
superstar to join our awesome Allely Estate team as our .
This is a key role with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Front of House staffing, rostering, coaching and management;
- Delivery of events eg weddings, corporate, functions etc;
- Managing the venue operations, eg bar stock, venue presentation and supplier
- And lastly being engaged in the creation, promotion and delivery of internal events.
The person will work closely with our experienced Client Manager who currently plans the events and manages the
relationships with all our clients. With thousands of events under our belt from Corporates, Bride and Grooms, Families & Friends for Special Occasions, Charities and so much more we want to ensure every event makes memories and is memorable for the clients and guests on the day.
You will be:
- An experienced New Zealand event delivery expert who has led a team and is
committed to ensuring the best possible customer experience is delivered
at all times;
- Seasoned in hospitality and event delivery within New Zealand with top notch
customer facing skills;
- A strong commitment to detail and time management;
- Flexibility to work hours that will primarily be mostly nights and to 1am during our
peak season and then days and nights during our non-peak season. Typically
your work week will be from Wednesday to Sunday depending on events;
- Passionate and committed to drive in house events;
- Ideally you will also have a Duty Manager Certificate;
- Confident to coach, motivate and grow people.
If you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and exceptional events and want to be
part of a special renowned venue then we’d love to speak with you.
Send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com and ensure you have covered off the below questions in your cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right
to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an events manager?
- Do you hold a current New Zealand General Managers
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years’ experience do you have in event management?