Mid-Winter Christmas with Allely Estate
While Mid-Winter Christmas is not something we usually experience here in New Zealand, it is a fun way to break the monotony of the cold, dreary weather in June and July. For our Northern Hemisphere friends who are used to celebrating Christmas amidst the snow, it can be a refreshing change from the traditional hot Kiwi christmas.
Nestled amongst the cosy countryside of Kumeū, the estate features carefully maintained grounds and historic architecture, combining to exude a warm and cosy ambiance that is much needed in the dreary winter months. The heritage buildings help to establish an old-world charm that creates a unique and inviting atmosphere for guests to revel in the celebrations of a Mid-Winter Christmas.
With spacious indoor and outdoor areas, we offer flexibility to accommodate various activities and entertainment, making the estate an ideal choice for a wide range of Mid-Winter Christmas festivities. Whether you are looking for a place to hold a corporate event, or a family celebration in style, our versatile spaces can cater to a variety of group sizes and specific event requirements. Our gardens and manicured spaces will be adorned with twinkling lights and tasteful decorations, adding to the enchanting atmosphere.
Relax in our beautiful restored villa or our gorgeous grand marquee, get cosy in front of the crackling open fires and indulge in a sumptuous feast courtesy of our amazing culinary team. On fine evenings, a stroll around our estate under the dazzling Kumeū starscape only adds to the attraction that is Allely Estate.
Between our tranquil surroundings and serene setting, it will be hard to believe you are just a short drive from central Auckland. Enjoy an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city for an evening, while celebrating Mid-Winter in true Christmas fashion here in the beautiful countryside at Allely Estate.
A Chilled Day Out
- Outdoor eating and entertainment
- Bean bags
- Games in the gardens: Jenga, Connect 4, Kubb and more
- An incredible meal – you choice from gourmet BBQ, plated or buffet
- A long lunch under the trees
- Live music, a DJ or just your favourite Spotify playlist
- Team-building activities or a relaxed afternoon in the sun
- If it’s a family day, we can organise a petting zoo, a bouncy castle, lolly scramble, face painters and more!
- Don’t worry – with our oversized permanent marquee, we have a wet-day option, too
A Day and Night To Remember
- Celebrate in our villa or large custom-built marquee
- Enjoy an exceptional meal: either sit down or stand-up finger food. People rave about our chefs – see an example menu here .
- Have a theme – or don’t!
- Make the most of our dancefloor
- Choose your entertainment: a DJ, live band, comedian, impersonators – the choice is yours!
- We’re happy to help organise buses home, but there’s also plenty of parking on-site
Speaking of Themes, check out some options for entertainment
Check out some options for entertainment from some of our entertainment friends
- 1970’s Show with Neil Diamond and Austin Powers;
- Austin Powers on this own as an act and/or MC;
- Drag Queen bingo, cabaret, brunch or tailored show;
- Long Lunch;
- Kiwi BBQ;
- Casino Night;
- The Madeleines:
- Roaring Twenties – This show pays tribute to the 1920s prohibition era, filled with jazz tunes and glamour.
- Old Hollywood Cabaret – Bursting with glitz, glamour and tunes from the golden era of Hollywood. This scripted show sits nicely at corporate events and can perfectly punctuate a three-course dinner.
- Vintage Wartime: This show pays tribute to The Andrews Sisters, and explores all of the incredible music that was popular during WWII. This show is perfect for Anzac day celebrations
- Shake, Rattle and Roll – This is the show we regularly perform at The Beach Hop! This feel good show includes all of your favourite RocknRoll hits from the 50s and 60s and is sure to have everyone up and dancing!
- Music Through the Ages – Starting at the 1920s and moving through the eras, this show explores the music that has defined the last century from the roaring twenties right through to the swinging sixties.