Front of House Manager - 6 month Fixed Term Contract - Guaranteed Min 30 hours per week
From grapes to guests – Allely Estate has become one of the premier function and wedding venues in Auckland. Once upon a time, the land at Allely Estate used to produce Selaks Wines. Today, Allely Estate in Kumeu offers fairy-tale indoor or garden weddings, intimate private parties and memorable corporate events including theme parties.
In fact, it was also the venue of The NZ Bride & Groom Magazine Wedding of the Year 2020-2021.
We are about to head into our busy period, and we are looking for a Front of House Manager superstar to join our awesome Allely Estate leadership team.
This is a key role with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Front of House staffing, rostering, coaching, training, and management;
- Delivery of events e.g., weddings, corporate, functions etc;
- Managing the venue operations, e.g., bar stock, venue presentation, and supplier liaison;
The role will report to the owners of Allely Estate. The person will work closely with our experienced Client Manager who currently plans the events and manages the relationships with all our clients and our Head Chef who manages the kitchen and team. With thousands of events under our belt from Corporates, Bride and Grooms, Families & Friends for Special Occasions, Charities and so much more we want to ensure every event makes memories and is memorable for the clients and guests on the day. We pride ourselves on the great feedback we receive and the learnings/insights we get to improve.
You will be:
- An experienced New Zealand front of house & event delivery expert who has led a team and is committed to ensuring the best possible customer experience is delivered at all times;
- Seasoned in hospitality and event delivery within New Zealand with top notch customer facing & delivery skills;
- A strong commitment to detail and time management;
- Flexibility to work hours that will primarily be mostly nights and to 1 am during our busy peak season and then days and nights during our non-peak season. Typically your work week will be from Wednesday to Sunday depending on events;
- Passionate and committed to drive in house events – great if you have a network;
- Having top notch presentation values for venue delivery: venue, staff, and delivery;
- You will have a current New Zealand LCQ/Duty Manager Licence;
- Confident to coach, motivate and grow people.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is calm under pressure;
- Think on their feet and is a strong problem solver;
- Is a people person who leads strongly but also understand that our people are the spine of our business;
- Has solid values with integrity, commitment, honesty and is a team player;
- Is confident and backs themselves.
If you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and exceptional events and want to be part of a special renowned venue, then we’d love to speak with you.
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you have covered off the below questions in your cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- I am a permanent resident.
- I have working rights to work in New Zealand.
- Are you flexible within your working week?
- Do you hold a current New Zealand LCQ/Duty Manager Licence?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years’ experience do you have in Front of House Management or as an Event Delivery Manager?
For the right person who has a trusted network and has successfully delivered in house events, this could lead to a full time opportunity.
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.